Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Birthday 2010

"My Birthday 2010 will be grand."

I don't know if you've noticed it yet, but everywhere you look there are happy people milling about. I can tell you that because we live in a nice little part of town where everyone is about the same. Happy to have kept our jobs and have more than others, especially those rich people who lost everything.

We seem to have a little more than we ever did, and if this year pans out like it should, then next year we might be able to move away from here for good. "But that's less about my party and more about life, so back to the party."

This year it will be hosted at our in-laws home. The headquarters for Team Nitrousfitz will be an excellent backdrop to the friends and family we have invited. "They all wait each year for an invitation and if we miss one, then all hell breaks loose so we just send out more than we really can expect to come." "That's how it goes anyways for us. "But we know how to throw parties already.'

"So where do we go for help on our own parties?" "We go to our friends in the business who are happy to give us what we need for each year's annual celebration of my birth." "Thank you to everyone who comes and lends a hand."

So we have the equipment and the linens ordered, the machines and music, the stage and the dance floor, the cups and plates and flatware, the host and the hostess, and all that... "But wait."

Who's got the food?"

What we usually do for our clients is to use the best regular vendors we have. That way we know what to expect and we expect a lot. What we don't do for the annual birthday of all birthdays is use any of our regular vendors. "Imagine that."

"Now is the time to find a reason to go over your list of vendors and find out who is really on top of their game. Who wants your business more than the other vendor and who will give you more for your money. "It's the principle that kept our business growing even during a down turn in the economy."

Our service is hot. Our parties are hot. Our vendors are hot. And it takes me, to make sure we are all hot together. "This is one reason why I invite all my regular vendors to the party so that they can see that our team is serious about event planning and we even go so far as to test the services we receive to be sure that our clients are not tested when it comes time to promote and produce an event for them. "Our clients come first, we come second, and our vendors have to be the best to keep our business.

The day of the event will be grand. All our friends will have a beverage and a bite to eat prior to the main meal. Our new list of vendors will be pre-screened and then menus and lists of equipment will be reviewed. Our guests will enjoy the party only half as much as me, and not just because it's my birthday but because I know that the whole day I get a chance to negotiate contracts and make new deals with my vendors during the event. "They wouldn't have known about my tactics if I didn't just write it all out here for you.

Check Out:

Powerfitz Publishing
Flesh Farewell Trilogy
Houston Banquet Planner

No comments: